- 1Personal Data We May Collect from You
We collect information about you in connection with your booking, use, purchase or inquiries about our services. The personal data includes but not limited to the following:
- Date of Birth;
- Home address or correspondence address;
- Payment details, including credit card and banking information;
- Contact details, including contact name, telephone number or email address;
- Information for the verification of identity, identity card number or passport number;
- Photos, Videos;
- Dietary requirements;
- Medical reports/records or information relevant to your travel arrangements;
- Travel Details, including:
o Flight information – flight number, arrival and departure time;
o Intended check-in and check-out dates;
o Number of rooms required;
o Pick-up and drop-off dates & time;
o Number of passengers;
o Name (s), date(s) of birth, nationality, gender, telephone number, email address, passport number of all passengers.
- 2How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may collect personal data either from you, from your authorized representatives, from third parties, or from publicly available sources which may include but not limited to the following:
- When making a reservation with us;
- When you visit our website;
- When you contact us in person;
- When we contact you in person;
- When we collect information about you from third parties;
- When you interact with us via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Under any contractual agreement or arrangement;
- Via telephone, fax, online chat, email;
- Via any online sites owned and managed by AVSB;
- Via third parties, i.e. travel agents, travel aggregators, online portals, etc.
- 3How we use your Personal Data
The personal data collected from you shall be used for the following purposes:
- Book your travel, tours, cruise and related products and services;
- Organize events, meetings and exhibitions;
- Prepare itineraries and invoices and process transactions;
- Communicate with you about our products and services;
- Provide customer service and support;
- Provide updates, analyze trends and site usage; to enhance our marketing and promotional efforts;
- Improve our content, service and product offerings;
- For daily operation and administration of services and facilities in relation to the products provided to you;
- For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
- 4Your Consent
You’re hereby given notice that the travel products and services will only be made available to you upon you accepting and expressly consenting to the terms of this Policy, where such express acceptance and consent shall be evidenced by you checking and submitting the Consent Form, or signing accordingly on the relevant Consent Portion of the Booking Form issued by AVSB.
Upon the application of the foregoing paragraph above, you shall be deemed to have expressly consented to the collection and processing of your personal data by AVSB or any of its authorized agents, employees, partners and/or contractors for the purposes stated in Clause 3 above. You shall also be deemed to have expressly consented to the disclosure of your personal data to the parties stated in Clause 6 hereof where such disclosure is required for the purposes or is for a purpose directly related to the purposes.
- 5Your Rights
Subject to the note below, and in relation to your personal data, you shall have the following rights(a) Right to withdraw consentYou may at any time, by written notice to AVSB, withdraw your consent to AVSB processing any of your personal data or such part or portion thereof. Upon receipt of such notice of withdrawal of consent and within the period prescribed by the Act, AVSB shall take all necessary measures to give effect to your withdrawal of consent, to the extent that such withdrawal of consent does not conflict with any of AVSB’s other legal obligations or with the provision of products and services to you.(b) Right to AccessYou may at any time, by written notice to AVSB, request for access to all your personal data that is being processed by AVSB.(c) Right to CorrectWhere a copy of your personal data has been supplied to you pursuant to Clause 5 (b) above and you know or are aware that the information held by AVSB is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, you may, by written notice, request AVSB to make the necessary correction to your personal data.(d) Right to opt out of direct marketingYou may at any time, by written notice to AVSB, require AVSB at the end of a prescribed period, as is reasonable in the circumstances, to cease or not to begin processing your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
Note: AVSB reserves the right to refuse to entertain any request for access or correction in the following circumstances:(i) Where you or the party making the request on your behalf fail to provide sufficient information as may reasonably be required to enable AVSB to positively locate or identify the personal data to which the access request relates;(ii) Where you or the party making the request on your behalf fail to provide sufficient information as may reasonably be required to enable AVSB to confirm on your identity or the identity of the person making the request on your behalf or where AVSB feels that you or the requesting party is not in fact the owner or the subject of the personal data in question and is not lawfully entitled to make any requests in relation to the personal data.
- 6Disclosure of Personal Data to 3rd Parties
AVSB collects, uses and discloses your personal data only for the purposes as stated in Clause 3 above. We do not share, sell or distribute your personal data with unrelated third parties, except for processing your travel and tour arrangements. We may disclose your personal data to our business partners, associates and third-party service providers (in or outside Malaysia) when reasonably necessary, and on a need-to-know basis. Disclosure of your personal information may include but not limited to the following:(a) To process and complete your travel and tour arrangements, your information is provided to third parties including service providers such as the airlines, hotels, tour and transport operators, cruise operators, destination management companies, travel insurance agencies and third-party intermediaries (for example, credit card companies and banks) as deemed essential whenever you purchase AVSB travel and tour products and services;(b) As and when required by relevant law to disclose the personal Information.
- 7Data Security and Retention Period
AVSB maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access and use. Our employees have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with our security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality.
We shall store and/or retain all personal data only for as long as required for the fulfillment of the purposes or pursuant to any legal obligation imposed upon AVSB in the course of provision of the travel and tour products and services or by virtue of any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
- 9How to Contact Us
If you have any feedback or queries in relation to the protection of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
Issued : 01 July 2018